Yes, this was my mind set before getting the iPhone. Did I really need the new 4? Probably not. My 3G worked just fine. Sure, it was a little slow, but that only kept reminding me how important patience is in life. {I would learn this lesson after exchanging a few cuss words with the phone and banging on it a couple of times.} As far as I was concerned, I didn't really need the new iPhone.However...because my boyfriend is die hard Apple bone {my wordage for someone who is obsessed with all Apple made products} and is always up to date with the newest, latest and greatest electronic accessories, I knew sooner than later we would both have the new ones.
Sure enough, Noah and I headed down to the South Coast mall the day the new iPhone came out. The line to get the phone was not only all the way out of the store, past all the other stores, but out the mall, down the sidewalk, and stretched for a good half a mile. Were we really going to partake in this madness? Set up folding chairs, and impatiently wait in the hot heat for a freaking phone?!? Absolutely not. I was outta there faster than anyone could say, "wait."
Noah ended up leaving too, for he had an appointment to get to. He mentioned that he might go back to the store later to check out the lines, and if they had died down, he would possibly jump in it.
Bless my sweet, obsessed, boyfriends heart, he ended up going back and to his surprise, the line had died down! It was no longer a 7 hour wait. It was now a 5.
That's right. A five hour long wait. I would've rather poked my eyes out {not really, but you get the picture} than stood in a line for that long. Well, actually I probably would have if it meant being one of the first to get a new Marc Jacobs bag, or Anthropologie outfit.
However!
After five vigorous, long, exhausting, pointless hours, he emerged from the Apple store not only a hero, but a conquered man. He called so enthusiastic, I could barely recognize his voice. "GOT EEMMMMMMMM BITCHESSSS!!!!" were the exact words out of his mouth. He did it!! So victorious!! {It wasn't this dramatic, but hopefully it adds some humor to this pointless post}
After playing with the iPhone for a little less than a week, I think I can say I am absolutely obsessed! It could possibly be the best thing since sliced bread. The FaceTime feature is ridiculous. So neat. We can talk face to face...different rooms, different cities, different states! Totally cool and very necessary. The camera on it is great too!! Now even has a flash. Here's a pic I took from our lazy Sunday movie night. For being a camera phone, I think it's a pretty darn good pic!
{It actually looks a little better on my phone, but you get the idea}Anyone else get the iPhone? If so, what are your thoughts on it?









I hate you both. Like in a nice I just met you kind of way but it's still full of hate and jealousy. I want one and it's not fair.
ReplyDeletei second what brown girl said. I want the new iPhone, but i just signed a new 2 year contract with stupid blackberry...ugh..
ReplyDeleteOh no I wish you hadn't said that about the flash... (I'm otherwise happy with my 3GS)
ReplyDeletei have the old iphone - cannot wait to get the new one x
ReplyDeleteHey! Just found your blog.. and this post made me extremely jealous!! :) You could say I am an 'apple bone'... mac lap top, ipod, itouch, ipad - have and love them all! But I have Verizon and can't get the iPhone.. glad you're loving it though :)
ReplyDeleteYou're in luck Verizon users. USA today is reporting that Verizon should get the iPhone in January. And for the rest of you who have the iPhone, an upgrade to the newest one is a must. Front camera, flash, facetime, multi-tasking and so much more. BY. FAR. Ridiculous!
ReplyDeleteyou are too cute! We are hard-core apple bones, but for some reason waited for this one...for the kinks to get worked out...like the ecard ha!
ReplyDeleteahhh Have to admit "JEALOUS!"... I currently have the iPhone3G and am dying to get the new one as well and continue to contemplate the splurge (since mine too is still working just fine - just no chat video). For now I decided to wait it out a lil bit, but who knows how long till i cave in and head on down to upgrade. **FYI*** Any of you other current iPhone3G-ers I don't recommend downloading the new upgrade. I know a few people and have recently heard of more who say they updated theirs to the new download software for 4G and it caused many issues with their phone and actually made it worse as the software upgrade is almost too advanced for the 3G version (just a lil insight). Enjoy your new gadget to the fullest (even when chatting in the same room via video haha)~
ReplyDelete