Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Round Up!

Something new? Sign me up! I was leaving the gym on Friday and heading straight for my morning fix, formally known as (ready? go!) A-Tall-Iced-Four-Pump-Sugar-Free-Vanilla-Soy-Starbucks-Latte, when I came across this new little gem.

The Canyon.

Upon arriving home and setting up shop for the day, I hopped on the internet and did some investigative research before I began my work day. "Newport Beach chef opens fine dining restaurant in Anaheim Hills," "Renowned Chef Mead opens the Canyon" ...Needless to say, I was intrigued! Noah and I decided to head there for dinner, and were accompanied by our two great friends Christi and Graham Ferguson. We walked in and headed to the bar while we waited for our table to be ready. The place was packed!!! The restaurant smelled of buttery potatoes, crisp red wine, and seared delicious filet. The mixture of dim lighting, a brightly lit bar, and the warm friendly folk around had me ooo-ing and awwww-ing like no other.

We had such a fun and amazing dinner. I went with the Caesar salad to start, the petite filet for dinner, and a double shot of espresso for dessert. Absolutely delish!! (Side note: I forgot my camera at home, so these pics are from the website. For more info, visit The Canyon Restaurant.

Saturday we headed down to Newport for our friend Kevin's 31st birthday. It was a golf themed pub crawl and their costumes were pretty funny! We, as seen in no get-up, did not dress up for we had our other friend Jeff's college grad party to attend. Congrats again Jeffey and Happy Bday again Kev!!

Sunday I was reminded how lucky I am to have Noah and his family in my life. It was a nice, relaxing Sunday where we ate Lazy Dog take out and looked over pictures of a beautiful yellow (my favorite!!) wedding that Noah's mom had attended. Absolutely GORG!

Hope everyone had a great weekend too!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. awww i love your pug! I used to have one and they are the best. Now we have a frenchie and she is our little baby xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words!! I saw a couple pics of your little frenchie from your blog... she's the cutest! LOVE following you and seeing all your fabulous finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh I just recently saw the new restaurant "Canyon" and have been very curious to what type of food they serve or if it would be great or not... So great to hear you loved it - It's about time we have a new place to dine in these hills ;)

    ReplyDelete